I recently attended the 4-day Tony Robbins’ seminar Unleash The Power Within (UPW), and I made such INCREDIBLE transformations that I felt compelled to share my experience.
This Unleash The Power Within Review will provide you with an overview of what to expect from the seminar, and I will also describe a few of my personal breakthroughs from attending the event.
I should also mention this was my second time attending Unleash The Power Within in less than three years…so that fact alone should tell you I really enjoyed the seminar! I had a blast, I learned a lot, it was entertaining, and the energy there was INCREDIBLE!!!
Unleash The Power Within Seminar Overview
Unleash The Power Within is a 4-day seminar that is designed to help people RADICALLY transform the quality of their lives. People attend UPW for different reasons, but I believe the main theme that pulls everyone there is a burning desire to achieve, do, feel, experience, contribute, and be more in their lives.
Unleash The Power Within is a total immersion seminar that has the ability to create lasting positive changes in the way you think and operate in the world. Many individuals (myself included) have made life-altering breakthroughs that have significantly enhanced the quality of our lives.
Unleash The Power Within Review – The Breakdown
In this Unleash The Power Within Review, I’m going to first provide some general information on how the seminar is structured, and I will cover the main things that happen on a daily basis. Next, I’ll break Days 1-4 into separate sections and give you an overview on some key concepts from each day. At the end of this Unleash The Power Within Review, I’ll rate the seminar on a FIVE STAR system.
Unleash The Power Within Review – Structure
Unleash The Power Within is four days long. It starts on a Thursday afternoon around 1:00 pm and ends Sunday night. While the first day typically goes until 1-2 am (ending in the firewalk), the other days usually start around 9 am and end somewhere close to midnight.
Thus, in just four days an attendee can expect around 50 hours of live seminar action! Before the seminar begins, you’ll have time Wednesday evening and Thursday morning to check in. This is where you show your picture ID and UPW badge they have your print out beforehand.
They put the badge into a laminated cover attached to a lanyard, attach a bracelet to your wrist, have you sign a waiver, then provide you with a UPW Workbook and you’re all set and ready to rock.
Days 1-4 go by the following format:
- Day 1 – Turn Fear Into Power: The Firewalk Experience
- Day 2 – Turn Dreams Into Reality: The Power of Success Conditioning
- Day 3 – Breakthrough To Your New Life: Transformation Day
- Day 4 – The Power Of Pure Energy: 12 Master Principles of a Vital Life
Unleash The Power Within Review – Daily Magic
In my Unleash The Power Within Review, I decided that it would be useful for you to know what things transpire on a daily basis. So in addition to explaining the main concepts I learned from each individual day, I will also tell you about certain elements that happen everyday.
Unleash The Power Within Review – Dancing
Every morning of Unleash The Power Within, a team of dancers arrive onstage to lead the audience through a choreographed, easy-to-follow “clapping dance” routine. The music and positive energy are contagious, and it’s a great way to loosen up and boost mood.
The dancers also start things off again whenever returning from a meal break. Throughout the seminar, there are moments when the whole audience is told to get up and freestyle dance in groups of three. It’s really fun and feels like being at a concert with your best friends!
Unleash The Power Within Review – Human Touch
Unleash The Power Within is not a seminar where you just sit down and take notes while Tony Robbins talks. Tony designed the program to activate your nervous system so you don’t just understand the material, rather, it becomes “locked” into your body.
Thus, many of the exercises are created to put you into a “peak state.” Dancing, incantations, singing, emotional music, and lighting are just a few of the cool strategies. Along with these, you’ll be asked to give people that are sitting close to you high fives, shoulder massages, and hugs. At first it felt a bit awkward for me, but once I got used to it I started to CRAVE IT!!!
Unleash The Power Within Review – Strategic Intervention
Throughout Unleash The Power Within, Tony Robbins randomly asks questions to the audience and calls on people to get up and talk to him. Where he feels like it’s needed, Tony will help the individual by performing a type of coaching that he and Chloe Madanes invented, called Strategic Intervention.
Watching Tony go to work on people was my favorite part of the program. It was fascinating and captivating to see him dig to the root of the problem, then help the individual create new and empowering alternatives to the old patterns they were exhibiting.
Unleash The Power Within Review – To Break, or not to Break…
Tony Robbins is not human. There, I said it! The first day he is onstage for around 12 hours straight, and not once does he take a sip of water or go to the bathroom. He’s a mutant…a cyborg-no a robot, and he transcends the rules of regular human bodies. On the first day, if you feel the need to use the restroom or eat, well…you’ll just have to miss some of the program, because there isn’t a scheduled break on Day 1.
However, on the other days there are breaks…but not many. Typically there will be one meal break, and perhaps an additional 10 minute break as well. But for the most part the days are long and you’re in session for the vast majority of the time. Like I said, Tony Robbins is a robot.
Unleash The Power Within Review – Jump!
There is a lot of jumping up and down at Unleash The Power Within. On a daily basis, many times throughout the day and night, you’ll be asked to “celebrate” and they will crank up the loud music while you jump in the air with your arms pointed to the sky. This helps to boost your mood and get you into a peak state!
Unleash The Power Within Review – Journaling
Everyday at Unleash The Power Within, there are journaling exercises to be completed. After learning about a concept, you will be asked to answer a few questions in your UPW Workbook. After you answer the questions, you typically stand up with your partner and the two of you share your answers with each other.
Unleash The Power Within Review – Guided Visualizations
Throughout Unleash The Power Within, Tony guides you through a series of visualizations that are designed to help you create positive changes in your life. Out of all the exercises we did, these visualizations had the biggest and most lasting impact on me.
The human brain cannot tell the difference between something that really happened and something you imagine vividly. There is power in visualization, and Tony knows how to produce incredible results using this strategy.
Unleash The Power Within Review – Putting it all Together
These are the main elements that happen on a daily basis throughout the Unleash The Power Within seminar. Along with these, I should also mention that Tony uses profanity on a regular basis. He throws out the “F Bomb” quite frequently, as well as other “adult” words. Tony states that he uses this language because of something Sigmund Freud discovered.
Here is a quote from the beginning of the UPW Workbook which explains this:
Freud discovered that in every culture there are words which are considered taboo: words that are rarely spoken aloud, but, when they are, produce a dynamic transformation in the emotional responsiveness of the listener. Anthony Robbins will, at times, deliberately use shocking language in order to establish an atmosphere of honesty and emotional authenticity. While not given a place in polite society, these words can be used to trigger deeper emotions.
So there you have it; a solid overview of the daily magic that happens at Unleash The Power Within. Now we’ve reached the section of the Unleash The Power Within Review where I break down what happens on each individual day.
Unleash The Power Within Review Day 1: Turn Fear Into Power
Day 1 of Unleash The Power Within starts off with a bang, and Tony Robbins commands the attention of the audience with his energy and dedication to serving, while also adding some great humor into his talk. In this Unleash The Power Within Review, I will briefly explain a few of the lessons from this day, but I won’t get deep into it…because that is for you to experience when you go!!!
Key Concepts from Day 1:
- 1) Progress = Happiness. People need a vision, and if you’re not growing, you’re dying.
- 2) There are three ways to get out of pain: Numb it, change your perception of it, or use it to drive you.
- 3) There are three steps of leader: See things as they are, but not worse than they are. See things better than they are (create a vision). Get the strategy and take action to make it the way you see it.
- 4) There are two main components to life. The first is “The Science of Achievement.” It’s a science because there are certain steps to achieving. The second is “The Art of Fulfillment.” It’s an art because different things fulfill different people.
- 5) Success without fulfillment is the ultimate failure.
- 6) Suffering results from focusing on and obsessing about yourself. Suffering is do to singing the “me, me, me” song. Once you care about and focus on something more than yourself, you’re out of suffering. Most people spend their lives “managing suffering.”
- 7) What stops us from moving forward is fear. There are two primary fears that all human beings share: We’re not enough, and if we’re not enough we won’t be loved.
- 8) Emotions control and determine the quality of our lives. The source of all emotion is a constellation of three forces, called “The Triad.” Force #1 is a pattern of Physiology. Force #2 is a pattern of Focus. Force #3 is a pattern of Language/Meaning.
- 9) There are six human needs-fundamental drives within each one of us-that compel us forward in a quest to experience a life of meaning. The four “Primal Needs” are: Certainty, Uncertainty/Variety, Love/Connection, and Significance. The two “Spiritual Needs” are: Growth and Contribution.
Tony spends the last few hours of the day training the audience for the firewalk. However, it’s not about walking on fire. The firewalk is a metaphor for overcoming fear. Walking on the 1,200-2,000 degree bed of coals helps you realize that you are capable of much more than you realize.
Unleash The Power Within Review Day 2: Turn Dreams into Reality
Day 2 of Unleash The Power Within is led by Joseph McClendon III, who serves as Tony Robbins’ Head Trainer. Tony used to do all four days of UPW, but after so many years his vocal chords started to pay the price, and his doctor advised him to cut back on the time he’s speaking on stage. Thus, on Day 2 and Day 4, Joseph takes over for Tony.
While Joseph is not as engaging and dynamic as Tony, I thought he did an absolutely amazing job, especially on Day 2. I especially love the content and exercises during Day 2. Joseph teaches the audience about “The Ultimate Success Formula,” which I will summarize below.
The Ultimate Success Formula:
- 1) Know your outcome – Once you are clear on what you want, your brain starts to notice and associate to the things that will make it happen.
- 2) Know your reasons why – When you have a powerful reason why achieving your outcome is important to you, it gives you the drive to continue through any challenge.
- 3) Take massive action – Get to work!
- 4) Notice your results – You have to know what you are getting as a result of the action you are taking. In other words, are your current actions getting you closer or further away from the outcome you want to achieve?
- 5) Change your approach – If you’re taking action and it isn’t getting you where you want to be, the last step is to change your approach accordingly.
Joseph tells the inspirational story of how Sylvestor Stallone shared with Tony Robbins how he used The Ultimate Success Formula to write and star in the movie Rocky. It’s an amazing tale, and if you would like to read about it just click here.
Joseph also has a free ebook available called Change Your Breakfast, Change Your Life. If you would like to download it click here. My favorite part of Unleash The Power Within comes on Day 2. It’s a writing exercise that ends in a guided visualization, called “Closing the Gap,” which I will summarize below.
Closing the Gap Journal Questions:
- Step 1: What results are you committed to creating in your life financially? Where is your ultimate target? What kind of lifestyle and identity are you committed to creating?
- Step 2: Where were you before you made this psychological shift? What results have you been producing financially in the past? How have you felt about finances, money or lack of wealth?
- Step 3: Now it’s time to close the gap. What specific actions can you take to begin to close the gap between where you’ve been and where you’re committed to being now?
The Guided Visualization
Next the lights go dim, and on comes an audio recording of Tony Robbins. He leads the audience through an intense and emotional guided visualization that impacted my nervous system and psyche with such magnitude that I came out of that seminar a different person (both times I did it!).
I won’t provide details, but let me just say that for me, it would be worth the price of admission just to do this one exercise! Life-changing, incredible, unbelievable, and any other adjectives you can think of in that category.
Alright alright…I have to give you a hint. Let’s just say that Tony has you vividly imagine your future dream life living in financial abundance, then tells you to visualize it all being taken away, and having to go back to how things used to be, and then after feeling all the pain from getting a taste of that life then being brought back to the past, you’re eventually placed in a sling shot and you shoot back into your future…living the absolute life of your dreams!
Key Concepts from Day 2:
- 1) A belief is a feeling of certainty about what something means.
- 2) There are three beliefs for lasting success: It can change now. I must change it now. I can change it now.
- 3) The past does not equal the future unless you live there.
- 4) There are three steps to lasting change: Get leverage. Interrupt the pattern. Create an empowering alternative.
- 5) Trade your expectations for appreciation and your whole world changes in that moment.
- 6) The only thing keeping you from getting what you want is the story you’re telling yourself about why you don’t have it. Divorce the story and marry the truth.
- 7) Human momentum = positive movement forward with emotion. Your level of excitement will determine your level of momentum.
Unleash The Power Within Review Day 3: Breakthrough to Your New Life
The third day of Unleash The Power Within is also referred to as “Transformation Day.” Everything you do leading up to the end of Day 3 prepares you for your transformation. Joseph McClendon III starts the day off with a little review of the previous two days, then Tony Robbins comes on stage and takes over for the rest of Day 3.
The first concept during Day 3 of Unleash The Power Within is “The Pyramid of Mastery: 7 Areas of Constant Growth for an Extraordinary Life.”
The 7 areas of constant growth are listed below:
- Physical Body – The vehicle through which you experience life.
- Emotions & Meaning – The fuel of life.
- Relationships – The ultimate magnifier of human experience.
- Time – How and where you focus your energy.
- Work/Career/Mission – How you make a difference, lead, and influence others.
- Finances – A medium of exchange to create, transfer, and share value.
- Celebrate & Contribute – A spiritual awareness.
On a scale of 1-10, you are asked to rate your current level of satisfaction in each of these areas of growth. Then, you shade in a “Wheel of Life” diagram, and you can see whether your life is in balance or not. To do an awesome, digital Wheel of Life Identity Test on the Tony Robbins website, simply click here.
Another cool part of Day 3 of Unleash The Power Within is when Tony teaches you his “priming” exercise, which he says he does every morning. It only takes about ten minutes, and it involves a special breathing exercise, as well as a pattern of visualizations. To learn the exact method of breathing at the beginning of the priming exercise, click here.
After you do the three sets of special breathing and arm movements above your head, you begin slow belly breathing, while beginning to visualize in three segments, which all last around three minutes:
- Gratitude – Think about a few things you are grateful for. Make sure to incorporate small things such as the beauty of a smile, and something big like a major achievement.
- Strengthen/Heal/Resolve – Feel your organs, body, mind, friends, family, and people of the world all strengthening, healing, and resolving any issues within them.
- Goals – Imagine three outcomes you want to accomplish, and see them as already done.
The 3 Pillars of Progress
On Day 3 of Unleash The Power Within, you learn how to enhance your 7 areas of growth that were discussed in the Wheel of Life exercise. There is a certain strategic formula that allows an individual to advance in these areas, and Tony calls it “The 3 Pillars of Progress.”
The 3 Pillars of Progress are listed below:
- Get Laser Focused – The first step is to clarify the results you desire in your life. Make is clear and compelling.
- Get the Best Tools/Map/Strategy/Coaching – To get results, you need an effective game plan after you’ve defined your target.
- Get into Action and Unleash Alignment/Integration – Sometimes tools aren’t enough, and you’ll need to unlock what is blocking you.
The Dickens Process: Limiting Beliefs
The highlight of Day 3 of Unleash The Power Within is when Tony guides you through something called “The Dickens Process.” This exercise consists of writing down three limiting beliefs that have been holding you back in life, as well as three new empowering beliefs, which are usually the antithesis of the old ones. There are some neuro-linguistic programming techniques he has you do to interrupt the old pattern of the negative beliefs.
Then Tony guides you through an intense visualization that progresses you through the future in increments of five years. By the end of The Dickens Process, you are reborn! Both times I did this, it was so powerful that I literally was a changed person afterwards. The old limiting beliefs were no longer a part of me, and the new empowering beliefs had become ingrained in my soul.
Unleash The Power Within Review Day 4: The Power of Pure Energy
In this Unleash The Power Within Review, I won’t go into as much detail on Day 4 as I did for Days 1-3. There is just too much to cover, and the information is very diverse. To put things into perspective, in the UPW Workbook, Days 1-3 cover the first 52 pages, and Day 4 alone goes from pages 53-170. Ya….there is a lot to learn about health and wellness!
Anyways, I left before Day 4 on this second UPW I attended, which is mostly just videos of Tony. I did this because I attended Day 4 the first time I did UPW, and I tried Tony’s nutritional protocol exactly as outlined for the 30-day challenge he talks about. But while I DID have a lot of energy, I lost too much weight and muscle mass, and I was not “grounded” and relaxed.
Since trying Tony’s and many other nutritional protocols, I have found that for me, an Ayurvedic nutritional protocol, focusing on my single dosha type (I’m a pitta all the way!) works the absolute best. This means that things like chicken and milk actually work very well for me…and in Tony’s dietary system these are absolute “no-no’s.”
Tony’s system works well for many people, but since we are all biochemically diverse, I don’t believe there is any one style of health that works the absolute best for all seven billion people on the planet. But the way to make money is to market your approach as the best one. One thing is for sure…If you want to lose weight and have lots of energy, this way of eating is for you.
If you have other goals, it may not be the best way to go, but it’s worth giving it 30 days to see for yourself (like I did). Listed below are the main components to Tony’s take on health, which are covered on Day 4, and referred to as:
The 12 Master Principles of a Vital Life
Give yourself The 8 Gifts:
- 1) Vital Breathing & Lymphasizing
- 2) Living Water & Live Foods
- 3) Essential Oils
- 4) Alkalinity
- 5) Aerobic Energy & Power
- 6) Maximum Nutrition
- 7) Structural Alignment & Maximum Strength
- 8) Directed Mind & Heart
Eliminate or drastically reduce the 4 Poisons:
- 9) Processed Fats
- 10) Animal Flesh
- 11) Dairy Products
- 12) Acid Addictions; Caffeine, Sugar, Nicotine, Alcohol, Whites, Vinegar, Drugs
Tony’s Ideal Food Pyramid
On Day 4 of Unleash The Power Within, you are taught to eat 70% live foods (80% veggies, 20% fruit), 10% vegetable and fish proteins, 10% complex carbohydrates, and 10% oils. I tried this for 30 days in the past, and it just wasn’t right for me. While Tony is an endomorph and is big-boned with a slower metabolism, this is an optimal way of eating for him.
I’m tall and skinny with a very fast metabolism, so I feel much better eating more protein and carbs than he suggests. That being said, I learned a wealth of amazing information on Day 4 of Unleash The Power Within, and I have incorporated a lot of that into my current personalized health program which I feel is ideal for me.
Unleash The Power Within Review – Conclusion
I hoped you enjoyed reading this Unleash The Power Within Review…because I sure enjoyed creating it! All in all, I give Unleash The Power Within FIVE STARS!!!
Both times I went, I experienced incredible breakthroughs that have significantly enhanced the quality of my life. If you were searching on the Internet for Unleash The Power Within Reviews to see if it’s worth the money…
IT’S WORTH WAY MORE!!!
Do whatever you have to do. Make whatever arrangements are necessary. Barrow if you have to…just make sure you get to see Tony Robbins live at Unleash The Power Within. You won’t regret it.
And if for any reason you don’t resonate with the style of the seminar or Tony, or whatever…at the end of Day 1 you can turn in your badge and get a full refund for the Unleash The Power Within program. That’s a pretty good satisfaction guarantee!
If you have any questions regarding this Unleash The Power Within Review, please post them in the comment box below. Thanks!